diy Flame-less Picture Candle
Looking for personalized Christmas gift DIY’s this year? Look no further, this one is one of my personal favorites!
I am a huge fan of home-made and personalized gifts; I personally feel that they are all the more special to give as well as receive. A few years ago, I made these flame-less picture candles as Christmas gifts and I received amazing feedback from both people I gifted them to, and others who saw them and wanted one made for them as well.
*This post does contain affiliate links – Please read my Disclosure for further details*
These candles are absolutely stunning and only take minutes to complete, if that!! They are a perfect gift for any occasion; Mothers Day, Christmas, Fathers Day, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Weddings etc. It is also a beautiful piece of decor for any home and a perfect way to show off your family photos!
What you need
NOTE: Most items can be found at the Dollar Tree, which makes this a super budget friendly gift as well! (Vellum might not be a dollar store find, but can usually be purchased by sheet for a few cents at some craft or office supply stores) However, I have included links to both the Dollar Tree and Amazon for most of the items
- Vellum Paper – 1 sheet per candle
- Double sided transparent tape (also a Dollar store find)
- 8.75″ x 3.4″ (22cm) cylinder Glass Vase (The link will send you to the dollar store link where you can order 1 case for $12.00 and have them shipped to your home or for free to our local Dollar Tree store. You can also purchase a bulk set of 12 on Amazon for under $35.00) *you can make a small version of this using the shorter sized vase as well, just make sure to cut the vellum to size or buy pre-half cut sheets of vellum and set your printer to the correct size settings
- 2-4 LED Tea Light candles (You can also find these On Amazon)
Once you have printed your picture of choice onto the vellum (preferably in black & white for best results), then you are ready to “assemble” your candle.
- On the back-side of the picture, place a long strip of double-sided tape right along both of the 3.5″ edges (each side)
- Place the first taped edge of the photo along the vase and once you have aligned it, gently press / secure the tape onto the glass and smoothen it out
- Roll the picture around the vase and repeat step 2 with the remaining edge
- Insert votive candles (at least 2-3)
Voila! You are done! Doesn’t it look stunning? I guarantee that whoever you choose to gift this to, will love this keepsake gift, made with love!
Who do you plan on making one of these for? Let me know what they think!