Minion Easter Eggs!
Easter is right around the corner and I wanted to share this REALLY CUTE idea for any and all Minions fans; young & old.
Your kids will absolutely go BANANA’S with this “despicably” fun & unique Easter egg decorating idea!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Eggs (as many as you want to make)
- Black permanent marker
- Yellow & Blue food coloring and/or PAAS (or similar) egg dye
- Vinegar (for the dye)
- Water (for dye)
- Wiggle Eyes (preferably with a sticker backing; if backing is not sticky you will need glue or double sided tape. I used drops of crafting super glue)
**NOTE: I used a PAAS egg dye kit and tablets, I was completely out of yellow and blue food coloring (and only had other random colors like green and purple, etc.) As you can see, my colors are not as vibrant as I would have preferred (but also know, they are brighter in person than in the pictures. The camera did not capture the true colors). I suggest, if possible to make your own dye with 15-20 drops or more of food coloring (per color) to really make the color POP! But, if you don’t have these on hand any Egg coloring kit will work.
- Boil your eggs! Place eggs in a pot and cover them with cold water by 1 inch. Bring eggs to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover Pot and remove from the heat and set aside 8 to 10 minutes; drain / remove eggs from hot water and let them cool in cold/ice water.
- Prepare egg dye (if using PAAS or similar follow instructions on box)
- For Home Made Egg Dye you will need a small bowl/ coffee cup for each color you are making. PER COLOR: 1/2 cup of room temperature water , 1 tablespoon of vinegar, and several drops of food coloring; adjust color to liking this
- One by one – Dip each egg (half way) in the yellow dye and set aside in something like an egg carton or paper towel; yellow side down.
- Once all the eggs have been dipped in yellow and dried, do the same on the other half with blue; set aside to dry as before
- Stick eyeballs onto the yellow portion of the dyed eggs (Minions can have 1 or 2 eyeballs, so have fun with it! )
- With a permanent black marker, trace the eyeballs and draw a line around the whole egg’s “head” (this is the “strap ” of the Minion goggles. )
- Finish off with a funny smile or mouth design and a few strands of hair (as my husband said… draw some “Homer-esque” type hair)
If you really want to show off, you can always outline a belt or jean markings too. What cool or unique designs or characters have you made with eggs? I would love for you to let me know!