Valentine’s Day… the day to proclaim your love with overpriced flowers and chocolates. LOL! It is definitely, a “Hallmark holiday” as I like to call it.
I have always loved the whole “elementary school” Valentine’s Day activities and “passing out valentines and treats” at school and love the innocence of it all and the excitement from the kids.
I like to try to make Valentine’s Day treats for my son to pass out, when possible. Last year, I made these amazing FunFetti Cake Pops, and they were a HIT! The kids LOVED them! I remember my son coming back from school just raving about all the compliments he received. Kids really do love feeling proud of these little things we can do for them.
This year, I am going with these white chocolate covered pretzels for his “Valentine’s goody bag” that e will pass out in class. And today, I want to show you just how EASY it is to make them! This is totally something the kids can help make, and in fact, the would probably really love it and have fun making it!
**This post may contain affiliate links at NO additional cost to you– Please read my Disclosure for further details
White Chocolate Pretzels
Keep in mind, you can use milk chocolate for this as well if you prefer. You can also find special Valentines Day sprinkles at the store, however I was out of luck at every store I went to, BUMMER! But, any sprinkles will work, really.
These are not just great for Valentines day, they are awesome to make on any occasion. So make sure you bookmark (or pin) this recipe for another time! (like a birthday, baby shower etc. )
This chocolate covered pretzel recipe is super easy, I promise! And… they are simply A-maz-ing!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 – 2- 12 oz. bags of White Chocolate Chips (1 bag will yield approx 75 small / mini pretzels) **White chocolate tends to be pricier than other kinds, Trader Joe’s is the cheapest place to get them (at least that’s the case here, in Los Angeles)
- 1- 12 oz Bag mini pretzels (You can also use pretzel sticks!)
- Sprinkles (of your choice)
- parchment paper
Prepare your “dipping” station. Have sprinkles ready in small bowls, place parchment paper over a large baking sheet and have pretzels ready for dipping.
- Melt the chocolates: microwave– melt 2 cups, uncovered in a microwave-safe bowl on high for 45 seconds and stir. If extra time is needed, melt in 15 second intervals. Stove top use a double boiler with hot water, not boiling. (or place another metal bowl/pot over a pot with some hot water [not boiling] in bottom pot, do not allow the water to touch the top pot/bowl – see pic) do not allow water to touch the chocolate – and do not cover the top. When morsels begin to turn shiny and melt, begin to stir constantly (I use an ove’ glove to be safe when touching the metal to stir) When melted, remove top pan with chocolate morsels immediately and use right away.
- Dip 3/4 of the Pretzels into the chocolate – gently shake off excess
- Dip chocolate covered pretzel into your sprinkles
- Set pretzel on parchment paper – The chocolate will self harden, however if it is taking too long, you can place the baking sheet into the fridge for 30 min., or the freezer for about 10-15 min.
- Fill your Valentine goody bags!
Or, serve and enjoy! (if your family is like mine… they will disappear FAST if you do this, lol)
Will you be making these (or another home-made treat) for your kids Valentine’s this year? I would love to hear! Comment below or reach me on Social media (links can be found on the top right of the page)